Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Not happy with final wedding video!!!

Hello everyone.  I just received my wedding video after being married for almost 6 years (most of that time was my fault).  My husband and I sat down to watch it and it was okay in the beginning but the further into the video we watched the more dissappointed I was.  The audio was horrible, we had shots of the back of peioples heads, and at one point during the reception we had a few seconds of just ceiling while I assume the videographer was moving from point A to B.  Would not be a problem if the wasn't the "edited" version.  The only time my husband and I appear in the reception section of the video is when we were doing our specialized dances or cutting the cake.  We are not in any of the candid video at all!  What can I do?  I was also supposed get the master tapes which I am assuming is the raw video but I haven't received it.  I understand the "you get what you pay for" but this was not the case.  We paid over $2,500 for just the videographer.  Please help!

Re: Not happy with final wedding video!!!

• Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure what you could do at this point. Negotiating/ talking with the company/ person may work. I guess you could always take them to court over it to try and get refunded. That is if they are unwilling to work with you (sounds like you have had some communication/ willingness problems already). It would help if you still had your contract though no matter what you do. Sorry this happened. You most likely will just have to suck it up and just live and learn from this mistake.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like the above one said if you still have the contract you may be able to negotiate.  If it had been a couple months or a year and you were having problems with the company, I would have complained then and not waited 6 years.  I think you are just out the money and just stuck with the video the way it is. 
    Next time don't wait so long. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards