Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photo Delivery Time

Long story shortish...Our photog has flaked out on delivering our photos several times. He hasn't blogged any weddings since May which is very worrisome as I know he had June and July weddings booked. We have had several dates of delivery promised and even a face to face meeting which he didn't show up for. He's not returning phone calls or emails.

My DH is worried it will take a small claims suit to get our photos.

Is there any standard time I have to wait before I can file a claim?

Re: Photo Delivery Time

• LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your contract state when you should receive your photos? It ought to. And any time after that date is appropriate although I would personally give it a month or so lee-way. If it doesn't state a time frame, turn-around time can be as long as 6-8 weeks after the wedding. I've heard of some photographers not actually giving the disc of images until a year after the wedding although the couple had seen images online and were able to purchase them sooner.

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's stressful. If you paid with a credit card you can always charge back but chances of actually getting photos then are probably not good.
  • edited December 2011
    wow!...my photographer told us most people get the pics within 4-6 weeks...we got ours back in about 3-4 weeks.
    i had a friend who had a similar situation with video...it ended up the videographers memory card crapped out and he was only able to retrieve 60% of the footage...i wonder if something like that happened in your case.
    From watching years of Judge Judy, the customer always wins...i think anyone married can sypathize with you, hence why the customer always wins.
  • edited December 2011
    Our contract doesn't have a set date. He just made several verbal committments which I know don't hold up in court. It's been almost 4 months since our wedding and 3 months since our TTD so I don't understand the issue.

My biggest issue is he asked my family not to take photos since we were such a small group and it wouldn't look as good to have them taking photos in every shot and I haven't even gotten teasers. So we literally have not one photo from our wedding day as of right now.
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm....what is the photography company name?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards