Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

When to take Engagement Pictures???

Hi All! I got Engaged in January of this year. Our date is set for September 1st, 2012!! I know! Over 2 years away still! 

When is a good time to take Engagement pictures? Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!!!

Re: When to take Engagement Pictures???

• edited December 2011
    We've actually JUST scheduled ours and I can't wait! We have been engaged since last September and aren't taking ours until THIS September! But I think whenever works for you is good. We held off because we had a baby in November, so everything's been a little hectic (and wonderful). But I know a lot of people use them for Save-the-Dates or other wedding-related things, so if that is your plan, I'd say wait until the wedding is a little closer. But like I said before, whatever floats your boat!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's no actual etiquette for this, but the standard is 6 months-9 months before the wedding.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there's a specific etiquette on this, but some time when you are engaged, and if you want to put a picture from your engagement shots on your Save the Dates, so before that if that's what you are doing!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards