Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

at differences about pictures :( help!

okay so i been looking thru tons of Must take pictures that i think are totally cute & would love to give them a try. My & fi's friend is the one doing our pics and shes doing them for free for us. So i showed some pics to her and she loves alot of the ideas & shes lookin for some herself. then i showed some to my fi & he said no. i dont know whats wrong with him but now he's saying he doesnt want to take pictures other than the ones that get taken at the ceremony. He doesnt want to take any wedding photos at all and i kind of had my heart set on takin some awesome pics. I love wedding photos and i would be extremely dissapointed not to get to do them but its his wedding too! one thing i dont understand is he was all for taking engagement pictures & he had fun while we done it & he loves that we have tons of awesome pics to look at afterwards, so why not at the wedding? he's always sayin we need to take more pics that he wants pics of us, i just dont understand. sorry i just needed to vent.

Re: at differences about pictures :( help!

• Options
    atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe he was having a bad day when you discussed it? Remember it is still your wedding as much as his, so fight to make sure you have some pictures. Perhaps you can come to a compramise about the amount of time spent doing the creative portrait part. Convince him that if he agrees to do it you will keep it down to a certain amount of pics or certain timeframe. That way you get the pics and he doesnt feel like its overkill on the posed pics.

Hope this helps and good luck :)
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry he isn't as willing/ excited to take these pictures. Maybe he wants more traditional pictures of the two of you, or doesn't want to spend so much time taking a bunch of creative photos and just wants to enjoy the day with you, family and friends. Maybe narrow down to just a couple of ideas and do those. He wont regret taking them in the end and appreciate the result.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let him know how important it is to you. A marriage is all about compromise and now is a good time to start. It's only going to take an hour (or less) of his time. What's an hour in the grand scheme of things? It can be fun and you won't regret it once you see them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards