Pre-wedding Parties

Moms and Bachlorette Parties?

My mom is pretty much a momzilla and if we dont set boundaries she would be taking over. Fine if she was paying, but she isnt. She is throwing me a shower with my MOH at her home (tea party theme) in May (July wedding here..) and keeps talking about the bachlorette party! She even went as far to suggest having a stripper  at her house. I made the mistake of sending her a posting of a cute idea for bachlorette where your bridal party goes and paints a nude male- with refreshments, etc of course. So now I think she thinks she is on board.
Is the party supposed to happen the night of the shower??? How do I keep my mom out!?
TIA

Re: Moms and Bachlorette Parties?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_moms-and-bachlorette-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:033339d7-875a-4088-87d0-6a63ad451a07Post:d2ad7f0b-087d-4973-8a55-0f0bdfb88e31">Moms and Bachlorette Parties?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom is pretty much a momzilla and if we dont set boundaries she would be taking over. Fine if she was paying, but she isnt. She is throwing me a shower with my MOH at her home (tea party theme) in May (July wedding here..) and keeps talking about the bachlorette party! She even went as far to suggest having a stripper  at her house. I made the mistake of sending her a posting of <strong>a cute idea for bachlorette where your bridal party goes and paints a nude male- with refreshments, etc of course</strong>. So now I think she thinks she is on board. Is the party supposed to happen the night of the shower??? How do I keep my mom out!? TIA
    Posted by pandozas[/QUOTE]

I am very confused as to why you sent this to your mother in the first place if you clearly didn't want her involved. That being said, the bachelorette party normally happens a little closer to the wedding. If you don't want your mom to be invovled then just keep it quiet. Don't talk about it in front of her. Another solution would be to just not have a "real" bachelorette party. I am not really having a bachelorette party. Me and my BMs are just going to have drinks, eat cheesecake, and watch click flicks in my apartment after my rehearsal dinner.
  • edited September 2012
    I agree, the way to keep mom out of the bp is to keep your mouth shut. It's rude to discuss the details of a party with anyone who will not be invited. Let whoever volunteers to organize it take care of the details. But if your mom shows up with a stripper, remember where she got the idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards