Pre-wedding Parties

Ushers Question

I've got two male friends who I have asked to be ushers in our wedding. They are closer to myself than my fiance.

Since they are part of the wedding party, is it rude to not invite them to the groom's bachelor party? I had understood that to be just close friends of the groom. Am I wrong?

**Dang it, I changed my mind half way through about the poll so it's all awkward. I thought I'd deleted that.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ushers Question

• If you think your ushers would be more comfortable at your events, invite them.

• You could always have a Jack & Jill party - which in my circle of friends just means a combined bachelor and bachlorette party, which people sometimes do because everyone's friends of everyone.

If your FI is friends with them too then they can be invited to the bachelor party if you think it'd be weird to have them be the only guys at the bachelorette party. Our ushers were chosen because they're my two best guy friends, and they are friends of DH but they don't hang out with him unless I'm around, but they attended the bachelor party. I'd ask your FI what he's comfortable with.

Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • If they're your friends, they're technically standing on your side.
    The groom's bach party should have his friends and people in the bridal party on his side. It would be awkward if he was out with his friends, then two random dudes who are friends with his fiance... who she thinks of as closer to her than him.

As pp said, you could combine the parties.
  • I had two male ushers from my side and they weren't included in DH's party, so I wouldn't worry about it.  If they're good friends with your FI, then maybe go ahead, but if you want them to be included just because they are male party members, then I would say skip it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards