Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Is this dress appropriate? Poll

My shower is being hosted in June. It's being hosted in what I guess I'll describe as a club house in a small community. Directly across the street is a small private beach where they are probably going to make BBQ food. They are also considering Chinese food instead. definitely not anything too fancy food-wise though. I was wondering if you think this dress is appropriate for this occasion? (sorry, I'm not used to dressing up, I'm a jeans & sneakers kind of girl). If you think the dress is appropriate, can I pair it with sandals or nice flip flops or should I at least go with a wedge?

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=1396_9117_400&catId=cat5450036 (in blue)
126 Invited image
37 Ready to Rock! image
9 Party Poopers image
80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is this dress appropriate? Poll

• Options
    Perfect with a cardigan and sandals. I'm a little biased, though, because I hate flip flops- even nice ones.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, I figured I would get some flip flop haters lol I do like sandals though and they are slightly dressier. 

Do you think the dress will be fine without a cardigan though? The room isn't air conditioned and we'll probably be outside on the beach a little too & it's likley to be in the high 70's or 80's
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
  • Options
    It's cute! I agree, wear dressier sandals. It would be fine without a cardigan.
  • Options
    Super cute. You can definitely wear it without a sweater.
  • Options
    I only suggested the cardigan just in case it is a little cool that day. But it would look fine without, too. The dress is very cute in both color selections.

• Options
    I think it's cute! I would do strappy sandles if you don't want to do a wedge. Honestly I think those might look better than wedges anyway. A cute ballerina-style flat would work too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Thanks a bunch guys, ended up ordering it! I'll probably end up with some cute sandals & only get a cardigan if chilli weather and/or rain is predicted. I'm feeling much more confident in my choice now, thanks!!
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards