Pre-wedding Parties

Grooms Dinner Invites?

I am curious about whether to send out Groomsdinner invitations. I guess i never thought about it till now.  I am going to make an Itinerary list for the wedding party. So they know when to be where and what time. I was going to put the groomsdinner and rehearsal time on there as well. I guess I never thought about invitations. Should I send them out too? Can I or should I include them with the wedding invitations to those of whom would be invited?  Any suggestions or comments would be great!!!

Re: Grooms Dinner Invites?

• edited December 2011
    What is the groom's dinner? Are you talking about the rehearsal dinner?  If so, if you have a large group and need an RSVP, you should send an invitation.  If you're only inviting WP and immediate family, you can call each person and give them the info. If you are talking about a separate event, you should probably send a separate invitation.
  • lsklenickalsklenicka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry I guess I should have been more informal...  :)Friday night we are going to have the rehearsal and then the grooms dinner to follow. We are only inviting wedding party their significant other and immediate family. I was going to include the itinerary in just their invitations. So I guess I did not think about sending out separate invitations for Friday night? Does that make more sense?
  • edited December 2011
    So now I have to ask.  Where are you from?  I've never heard it called Groom's dinner before. If I were you, I would include a separate card in their invitations as an invitation with all the details.
  • lsklenickalsklenicka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from MN. I realized too that some of the girls in my wedding party didn't know it was called that either. I looked up online after they were curious to why it is called that. It is because "traditionally" the Groom's parents would pay for this part of the wedding. Maybe that is why now it is known as the rehearsal dinner? In the invitations to the wedding party I was going to include an itinerary card. Basiclly telling them what is going on through the weekend, rehearsal, morning of the wedding, when to be at the church, etc, and I was going to put all the information on there. Do you think that is enough or should invitations for that come prior?
  • edited December 2011
    Interesting.  I was expecting you to say Europe or somewhere.  If you need an RSVP, you'll want to either call them or do an invitation card with RSVP stuff on it.  Otherwise, the itenerary card is fine. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards