Pre-wedding Parties

Quick thought from a Bride

Hi all,

Earlier this week, some friends planned a bachelorette party for me. I really appreciate that they did that, but there was a major downside that I wanted to pass on:

The entire focus of the night was "we HAVE to get E. (me) drunk because that would be SOOOOO funny." To be clear, I have no aversion to alcohol, but by the first lounge, I was already bored with the constant "drink more!"  and "Don't be so uptight!"

A brief word to anyone planning a party: try to understand that nagging the bride to get drunk isn't relaxing, it's just annoying.

Love,
EH

Re: Quick thought from a Bride

• freebread03freebread03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I sympathize, but this sounds like an issue with your friends and their level of maturity.  If my friends did this, I'd probably sternly tell them "No" and to "drop it."  (though I can't actually imagine any of my friends doing this).  I guess I can see this happening with a younger crowd.
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think that's annoying at anytime, not just when you're getting married. I'm not engaged or anything, but I've had friends do that to me... "You need another drink, you're too sober!"

Thanks, but I'll let you know when I need another drink.

Like freebread said, it says a lot about their maturity.

• RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

1. I'd expect any friend throwing me a bachelorette party to know me better than that.

2. I'd expect any friend thowring me a bachelorette to respect my wishes more than that.

3. If they kept that up, I'd be out of there and getting my own cab home, and leaving them to finish getting smashed on their own.  Along with seriously reconsidering their place in my life.

• cebrady89cebrady89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_quick-thought-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:13625626-00c2-4ae1-b82d-128ba78e4f81Post:7637b117-0941-4821-a400-ecbdddbbe5c8">Re: Quick thought from a Bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I'd expect any friend throwing me a bachelorette party to know me better than that. 2. I'd expect any friend thowring me a bachelorette to respect my wishes more than that. 3. If they kept that up, I'd be out of there and getting my own cab home, and leaving them to finish getting smashed on their own.  Along with seriously reconsidering their place in my life.
    Posted by RebeccaB88[/QUOTE]

<div>I kind of agree with that. I think it's more about what people THINK bachelorette parties are supposed to be like than a matter of your friends knowing you. I mean, after my friends saw The Hangover, they started saying that we all need to go to Vegas whenever the time comes for bachelorette parties...even though it's not like a giant, drunken trip is required. </div><div>
    </div><div>OP, I'd be annoyed too! I hate all the cheesy penis shaped things that get used at those kinds of things, so I've already warned my bridesmaids not to bring those or I'd leave, haha. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards