Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower, and remember deceased mom

I am the MOH for my cousin/best friend's wedding, next August. Although we live in different states, I am so excited to plan her shower, especially because it is the one and only; it's a huge shower (by my standards, with 75 invites so far) but will bring all the women of both families together to meet for the first time.

With that being said, the most important woman, besides the bride, will not be present: her mom. My aunt/bride's mom lost her battle with breast cancer about 3 yrs ago. my cousin (and her sisters) were very close to their mom, and as some of you may know, still deal with moments of sadness. but they are also to the point of fond memory. at a recent baby shower for one of the sisters, there were a few moments of rememberance: a teddy bear made from her coat, a sweet poem, and a memory book passed around with pictures. although there was a lot of crying at said baby shower, it was special and appreciated by the girls. they WANT to include their mom.

so, i need your help. in what ways can i incorporate their mother? i may do one thing, or i may do more, but i just know i need to make sure she is included in this one family-gathering/shower. any ideas will be appreciated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridal Shower, and remember deceased mom

• This is such a sensitive thing, you know, that I really think the best advice anyone can give you is to talk to the bride and her sisters and see what they're comfortable with.  If you're trying to keep stuff a surprise from the bride, at least talk to the sisters.  I just think doing anything unexpected risks bringing up sad emotions in a bad way, instead of a happy way, know what I mean?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards