Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Uncomfortable with party plans...

My MOH/sister is planning my bachelorette party and I am uncomfortable with her plans. She is planning some sort of dinner and game "session," followed by going bar hopping afterwards. Here's my problem...I am not a big drinker; I only drink 2 drinks at most when I go out with my friends or fiancé and don't ever go to the bars (I didn't even when I turned 21). Also, one of my bridesmaids is still in high school and I don't want her to feel left out; my sister says that by doing dinner and games first, she is included, but then we will go out afterwards...but going to the bars is not my scene and, honestly, if its a bachelorette party for ME, I don't feel like I should be uncomfortable with the plans. My sister, who is into going to the bars and does so most nights of the week, feels like we HAVE to go to the bars because that's the norm; I feel like she's just using my party as an acceptable excuse to go out, party, and drink. I would be perfectly happy with having a spa day, doing something outdoors, or, essentially, anything other than bar hopping. I have tried to explain my feelings to her, but she just responds with, "we'll, I'm the one planning it, so you don't have a say." And I can't get through to her. Am I really stuck doing something that I am 100% uncomfortable with?

Re: Uncomfortable with party plans...

• Options
    There is a difference between planning your own bach party and having a say in your own bach party. Of course you get a say in your bach party, especially if it's something you have no desire in doing.
    Honestly? I'd tell her thank you and you can't wait for the dinner and game session, but after that you'll be packing it in and heading home.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_uncomfortable-with-party-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:16501be7-f3e8-4ff7-84d8-a9fc5d4094b8Post:0c32c7bd-27fa-4f40-b7a6-2d36288ffee6">Re: Uncomfortable with party plans...</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a difference between planning your own bach party and having a say in your own bach party. Of course you get a say in your bach party, especially if it's something you have no desire in doing. Honestly? I'd <strong>tell her thank you and you can't wait for the dinner and game session, but after that you'll be packing it in and heading home.</strong>
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_uncomfortable-with-party-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:16501be7-f3e8-4ff7-84d8-a9fc5d4094b8Post:0c32c7bd-27fa-4f40-b7a6-2d36288ffee6">Re: Uncomfortable with party plans...</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a difference between planning your own bach party and having a say in your own bach party. Of course you get a say in your bach party, especially if it's something you have no desire in doing. Honestly? I'd tell her thank you and you can't wait for the dinner and game session, but after that you'll be packing it in and heading home.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

^^This is perfect^^

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards