• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal shower and inviting out of state guests

I have a lot of family that are out of state.  Should I invite them to my bridal shower even though I know they won't be able to make it? 

Re: Bridal shower and inviting out of state guests

• edited December 2011
    Yes. If they are some one who would be invited had they lived more locally, then yes, you should. They may surprise you with a yes and enjoy the excuse to visit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't invite my aunt who lives in Colorado to my shower in Massachusetts because we knew she wouldn't come and didn't want it to look like I was hoping she'd send a gift.

But I think that FSIL is inviting FI's aunts who live in Ohio and Connecticut to my shower in Maryland, because they might make the trip.
  • banana468banana468
    10000 Comments Eighth Anniversary 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on the hostess and the family dynamic.

DH's family from NH drove to CT for my bridal and baby showers. 
    Thenimage Nowimage
  • Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007
    5000 Comments Combo Breaker 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    DItto banana about the family dynamic.  I've been invited to a wedding shower  (and later, a baby shower for her) 4 states away.  While I get that they probably just wanted to make sure I didn't feel excluded, I did give the side eye and took it as a gift grab since they had to have known I wouldn't drive 11 hours one way for one afternoon.   My family just doesn't invite outside of a couple of hour drive.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the family dynamic and if they are able to make the trip or not. 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards