Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

AW: Paid my first deposit

I may not have a venue secured, but I sure as heck have a DJ!!! Brianna, thanks for raving about Melody so much :) I locked her in for Feb 2012!
~DFWs Resident Snark~
I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Re: AW: Paid my first deposit

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOO-HOO!!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    DUDE I cannot get a schedule down for a time that we can meet with her! FI and I have weird schedules! I'm THISCLOSE to just blindly booking--- is that a mistake??
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • edited December 2011
    I enjoyed my phone conversation with her enough that it just felt right to go ahead and book. Even DJs that I worked with in my profession didn't give me the vibe I got from her. We talked FOREVER the first time we got in contact with one another, and even tonight when I talked to her she was more than reassuring with me.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-paid-first-deposit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6fa894f6-29d5-4ffe-bd2b-deb486194232Post:fe1f4d86-427e-4210-aa53-5d0221a20283">Re: AW: Paid my first deposit</a>:
    [QUOTE]DUDE I cannot get a schedule down for a time that we can meet with her! FI and I have weird schedules! I'm THISCLOSE to just blindly booking--- is that a mistake??
    Posted by AmberMarieTX[/QUOTE]

<div>OK - I totally blindly booked!  (aside from meeting her "formally" at the Dallas Bridal Show)  But I didn't find another DJ out there (and I spoke to MANY) that I clicked with like her... I say, if you feel good about the decision, do it. </div><div>
    </div><div>Melody isn't a fly-by-night DJ though, she comes very highly recommended by several knotties, so you know that you're getting quality!</div>
  • carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha-- congrats feb! love that you don't have a venue secured yet :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! The music is so important to me when it comes to weddings so I'm so excited for you!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! That's awesome you found a dj you click with.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-paid-first-deposit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6fa894f6-29d5-4ffe-bd2b-deb486194232Post:fe1f4d86-427e-4210-aa53-5d0221a20283">Re: AW: Paid my first deposit</a>:
    [QUOTE]DUDE I cannot get a schedule down for a time that we can meet with her! FI and I have weird schedules! I'm THISCLOSE to just blindly booking--- is that a mistake??
    Posted by AmberMarieTX[/QUOTE]

I did this!  I had talked to her on the phone so many times and with the wedding planning and then my step dad's funeral we just couldn't meet.  I sent her the check to book her and then I just met with James last week to do our "first and final" meeting to go over details.  She is awesome and everyone raves about her.  Even my venue coordinator got excited when I told her I was using them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Wow she's going to be booked out soon. I should have checked her out before I booked mine, but oh well. Things happen for a reason.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-paid-first-deposit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6fa894f6-29d5-4ffe-bd2b-deb486194232Post:d35a4140-0215-4a76-bf63-631fbffc6cfa">Re: AW: Paid my first deposit</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha-- congrats feb! love that you don't have a venue secured yet :) 
    Posted by carmen9311[/QUOTE]

We'll have it in the street if we have to. Music and fun /> venue :)
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Wow she's going to be booked out soon.[/QUOTE]
    Apparently I booked her for a weekend that she does an annual Murder Mystery thing. She didn't seem to mind though and said one of her other DJs can do the Murder Mystery that weekend.

And I LOVE how she's coming off as a coordinator and not just a DJ.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!! Congrats chica!! You sounded excited about her last week at the G2G!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards