Pre-wedding Parties

Re: .

• edited December 2011
    Sorry I am not up to date with the rules of the knot community.  I am sorry that I thought being accused of only wanting money from my friends and family was rude.  I deleted my post because I decided that this is not the place I could find an answer.  I am not princess and far from a bridezilla.  His friends want to throw him and party and they are giving him money, we did not ask for it and we do not expect it, I was only asking because I really didn't know if that money would be for just him or for both us.  I don't know if some of the women on here just need to say hurtful things because they have no lives and need to feel superior in some way, I know for me personally I won't make the mistake of using this for any future advice.  
  • ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it makes you feel any better OP, we all get reactions that we aren't expecting. The problem is that when you post something here, you're probably going to get some of everything back from the responding parties. Some people will agree with whatever your posting, some will absolutely detest it. Don't let a few people that can't think of a classy way to give you constructive criticism ruin TK boards for you. Supportive or not, it's a great sounding board, but you do have to learn to respect ALL opinions, not just ones that support your own (and this advice should also be taken by the responding ladies also).  

PS. Sorry for butting in, I didn't see what was originally posted, but I know how hard it is to hear opinions that are so mean and said in very hurtful ways. A respectful tone can go a long way on these boards. Keep your chin up, and try to appreciate the honest advice given by the people that responded.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I guess they don't do these kind of bachelor parties where you live, but around here every single one of our friends has had the same done for them.  The guys all buy a $15-$20 ticket which pays for the hall and their dinner.  The groomsmen usually get raffle items and the raffle money goes to the groom.  Of all the bachelor parties my fiance has hosted or attended he never felt as though they were robbing him of money.  Also considering the same has been done for all who will be attending I am sure they feel they just want to make it a fun night for someone who has always been there for them.  You know nothing about me and if you did then you would realize how ridiculous the accusation of extorting money from family is.  You are entitled to your opinion, and and seeing that you are an adult I hope that you understand that I respectfully disagree.  He will enjoy the party that is being thrown in his honor and knowing how much his friends love and respect him I am sure they won't feel the way you do.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Asking guests for money really is rude, it isn't a regional thing. It just is.

But either way, I didn't even see your OP so I can't really comment on it. It isn't about "robbing people of money" but about being a good host. Just because other people have done something that isn't etiquette-appropriate doesn't make it okay. However, no one called you a princess or a bridezilla here.

Ckonidak is right, you can post on here but you may not like all the advice you get. You may not like any of it. The people you know may go along with the ticket idea and be okay with it, but I think you could perhaps see if you could do without the tickets and the money? Are they really that necessary for anything? You can still have a bachelor party without them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards