Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Register for Lingerie Shower??

My MOH suggested that I register for my lingerie shower. I think this is kind of weird, is it? And where would I register?

Re: Register for Lingerie Shower??

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's weird too.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where you could register because I know VS doesn't have a registry, just a wish list and that's where I get most of my underwear, bras, and lingerie. I would assume you can register at Macys since they have registries there, and I'm not sure about Fredericks of Hollywood whether or not they have a registry too.

I didn't have an official lingerie shower, but some of my BM's did give me lingerie and some "toys" at the bachelorette. Thankfully I ended up loving the stuff they gave me, because I'm really picky about cuts, styles, colors, etc..

If you think it's weird to register for it, just let the host know that you'd rather receive gift cards to VS or Fredericks so you and your FI can pick them out yourselves or just give her your size and hope for the best.
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of a place where you can do this, but I remember this question being asked a couple months ago and a girl said she found out that you could register at La Senza (which is now owned by VS).

I guess it depends on how you feel about it: I assume you're okay with receiving lingerie as gifts. I don't know for sure if any places even let you do it, but I'm sure you can somewhere. I guess it depends on how you feel about receiving lingerie ultimately: are you comfortable with your friends picking it out for you? I went to a lingerie shower for my cousin's FI and it was a lot of fun. She was okay with it though, and made a game out of guessing who gave her what. Plus, everyone gave her gift receipts as well which was good for store credit (I don't know if she exchanged anything).
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I think it's kind of weird too.  But I do know that some department stores have "party" or "event" registries.  The idea is that registries aren't just for weddings and babies anymore and you can register for just about any event.  That might work for you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a little weird. H hates lingerie anyway though, so I would have no need or desire to do one. That being said, if you find a place and think it would be fun then go for it. I think suggesting gift cards is a good idea. Only 2 people got me lingerie, both a bra and panty set. No one knew my sizes but they both guessed correctly and I happen to like both the sets. In fact I am wearing one of those bras now.
  • Options
    miaka51miaka51 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would rather register than end up with a bunch of really kinky or super grandma stuff... Not to mention finding out how big/small people think you are.  If you would like you can just emphasize that you want gift receipts, but some stuff if bought on sale or clearance is not returnable (and lots of lingerie is not returnable anyway), and places like fredericks have a ton of things on clearance all the time.  However, opening card after card with a gift card in them is significantly less fun and kinda kills the purpose of doing a lingerie shower (which i have never heard of btw...).  Or make and print a wish list - a formal registry isn't the only way to go, though you could end up with duplicates of things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't.... that just sounds weird.  It's one thing for your friends to buy you that stuff as a joke, but on the same hand if people are seeking out your registries that means you are broadcasting your under-nether preferences to everyone you invited.  I would be uncomfortable with all my extended relatives knowing what I'm into.
  • Options
    CoreymaeWCoreymaeW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was wondering the same thing i just had my lingerie shower yesterday and received a few pink things which is what i was worried about because i hate pink anyways it was no big deal people are gonna give you some crazy stuff and people are gonna give you some appropriate stuff its all part of the fun 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the best thing to do is have your MOH put your sizes on the invite, and verbally get the word around to include gift reciepts.

When i was MOH for a friend we did this, and then we got red and purple paper lunch sacks (her colors,), and we put each thing in a sack and stapled it closed so for the honeymoon she would have her H pick a sack each day and she would weat whatever it was. The secret was that the red bags were the ones she liked, and the purple bags were the ones she didn't so she could open them up later and return/exchange.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...that's pretty weird. For the reasons already mentioned above. You'll get lingerie at the bachelorette party, and hopefully everyone will give gift receipts just in case.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i just made a wish list at Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works for my upcoming shower. HTH
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its a little weird. Some of the showers i've been to, the MOH asked for gift cards from certain lingerie shops. Then you can go pick your own lingerie and won't end up with things you find hideous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards