Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Destination Bachelorette Party

So in a few months I'll be hosting a friend's bachelorette party. We're planning on going to Seattle for the weekend since there's not really any exciting venues in our town and we really want to do something different for the occasion. My question is, since I'm hosting am I responsible for paying for all the accomodations for everyone coming? Hotel alone is going to run about $200/night/room (we can get 4 girls in each room) so I'd be looking at an $800-$1200 bill for hotel... So is it unreasonable or wrong of me to ask that whoever is wanting to come needs to pay x amount for hotel for the weekend and take care of their own food, etc. If everyone pays their own hotel, it'd be like $100 for lodging for the weekend each. I have no problem taking care of myself and the bride for it so she doesn't have to pay for her own bachelorette party.

We are having a local bachelorette party the weekend before at our usual haunt for those either not invited to the Seattle trip or if someone invited to Seattle can't afford it, they aren't completely missing out on the bachelorette festivities. What do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Destination Bachelorette Party

• Options
    Typically people pay their own way on a trip like this.  My one big warning, though, is make sure there is absolutely NO pressure, either from you or the bride, for people to come along, or to participate in anything expensive while you're there.  That breeds resentment like very few other wedding-related things can.  If people want to spend the money to come, they can, and if they don't want to, just let it go.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well luckily we're close enough that we'll be driving and we already have the vehicles figured out so it would read along the lines of "hotel will cost $100 for the stay and gas is $40 per person" We're not planning on going to any huge events, just more like going to some night clubs so I'll put in the cover cost for each of those. Other wise it's mostly just their food, drinks and if they want shopping money. And depending on how it's received, we might just go up like Saturday morning and come back Sunday so the hotel would be cut down to $50 per person. Sound good?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My friend just completed her bachelorette party and we had the funnest time! We found a list of 99 scavenger hunt ideas and posted the topics on the back of some shirts which was the most astounding evening! We found lots of great ideas on this web-site if you're seeking for ideas:

www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards