Pre-wedding Parties

shirts for rehearsal dinner

Any recommendations on affordable ways to buy or make shirts for the rehearsal dinner - wedding party, our parents, etc.?  We're getting married in July so I'd like to have cute tanks or women's-cut tees for the girls.... and ordering from a website looks pricey. Any DIY tips?

Re: shirts for rehearsal dinner

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto retread.  Waste of $$, and completely unneccessary.  If you're looking for ways to do this on the cheap, then clearly this is $$ that shouldn't be spent on shirts that they'll wear for a couple hours only.

I was a very proud MOG and MOB in recent years.  I would never, in a million years, wear a shirt that said "Mother of the...." on it.  Never.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's it's completely unecessary especially for the Rehearsal Dinner. Usually when the bridal party wears these shirts, it's for getting ready before the wedding so they can wear something comfortable. I've seen it for bachelorette parties too, but I'm not a fan of it. I love getting dressed up for a bachelorette party, so I'd be bummed if we had to wear t-shirts or tank tops with our title on them instead of a cute dress. The Rehearsal Dinner is another time where people in attendance usually dress up a little. I wore a sundress to mine, as did the rest of my BM's. We wore the tank tops with our titles on them to get ready the next day before the wedding. My MOH ordered the rhinestones for cheap online and we got $2 tank tops at Old Navy.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs. All the girls wore cute summery dresses to the RD.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Mine would be in the trash before the rehearsal even started.  Really, they're silly. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards