Pre-wedding Parties

Jack and Jill Shower

I live far from family and where I'm getting married. So for many reasons they are planning a jack n jill shower for us. Just wondering if anyone else has had one, and how did it go?

Re: Jack and Jill Shower

• edited December 2011
    What is a Jack and Jill shower?
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My experience with my own Jack and Jill is that it was a shower with men. 

If what is being planned for you ISN'T a shower with men, what is it?
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this a shower that is co-ed, or is this one of those that is a wedding fundraiser?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • VeittobeVeittobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My understanding of a Jack and Jill Shower is like PP said - just a regular shower that involves both men and women.  So basically a "wedding shower" as opposed to a "bridal shower".  

My FI and I are having a co-ed/wedding/jack and jill/whatever you want to call it - shower today.  I've been to them before and I think they're great.  It just depends on the bride/groom and family's preferences.  
    Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
    MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

• edited December 2011
    I would prefer a co-ed wedding shower but my fiance says men don't want to go to those things. But since I am not close to his friends wives and do not know much of his family. I would feel more comfortable having him there, and everyone just having a good time.

I was just wondering if guys had a good time.
  • rraven2718rraven2718 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it is a shower with both men and women. We just had ours on Saturday (and even though the BM were awful during the planning process), it was wonderful!. We had a BBQ at a park near our house. We are both very kicked back and relaxed people, so the shower was that way as well. Plus, I'm not much of a "center of attention" kind of person, so having my FI there to open gifts with me made me feel much more comfortable. And lots of his guy friends did show up!
  • kristin6510kristin6510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am throwing a shower for my sister and she actually requested a Jack and Jill.  They are having a destination wedding at a Sandals resort so I was thinking of a modern luau themed party (sans the plastic leis)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards