Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower Theme

I'm working on planning the shower for my cousin's wedding and I am at a loss for a theme. It's being held at an Irish pub, and we are quite Irish, but I hesitate to do that because I had the same theme 2 years ago at my shower (and since we are family, 1/2 the attendees will be the same!)

I'm going with her on Friday to scope out the space and maybe that will give me a better idea.

In the mean time, I'm just looking for some ideas.
She is super laid back so she has said she doesn't care. She's a huge sci-fi/gamer/geek type so I'm thinking something along those lines since I am the same. But I also don't want it to be lame or awkward for the guests that may not be into stuff like that.

Thoughts?
Per angusta ad augusta Through trial to triumph Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shower Theme

• Options
    I would choose yellow, because I imagine the venue is a bit dark.

Other than a color for paper products (invitations, napkins, plates), I don't see why you need a theme. I've never been to a shower that had a theme beyond a color for the disposable things the hostess had to buy. I've been to a few showers in homes where the hostess just used her "good china" - no colors, no decorations, no theme necessary.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I know NOTHING about the invites. They are being designed by the MOH's boyfriend. The MOH is terrible at communication and seems to have no real desire to help plan, so getting that info is tough.

It sounds like all the plates/napkins/linens are being provided by the venue, so I'm kinda stuck.  :(
    Per angusta ad augusta Through trial to triumph Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No, you're not stuck. You're off the hook.

It's a party for grown-ups, not 6-year-olds. If you want a theme and can execute it with fun, great. If a theme isn't really your thing, or it's just causing stress, remember you don't need a theme for a party. You need light refreshments and a good attitude. That's it.
  • Options
    My bridal shower didn't have a "theme". My BMs just decorated the venue, paper products and cake with my wedding colors.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The theme for my daughter's shower is 'Erica is getting married and we are so happy for her.'
    Showers do not need a theme, but if you stick with the Irish theme, it might become a family tradition.

• Options
    Colors that go with your wedding colors seem perfect for the shower, or even if you pick colors that look great and compliment the location of the shower seems like the easiest, and less complex and stressful idea.
    If I werent moving to Hawaii just days after the wedding, my shower would be going based off the colors of my wedding. However because our situation is a little different and i'm moving to Hawaii, the host decided it would be a cute idea to do a "Hawaiian" Theme.. which i totally agreed with.

Good Luck! and remember simple and relaxed is quite often the best choice, no need to get overwhelmed (:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards