Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower without my family

I live in Indiana and have for about 6 years but my whole family (except my mother and brother) live in NJ. My maid of honor is my fiance's sister and she is throwing me a bridal shower at her home in Indiana. The only thing that I am worried about is not getting to experience a bridal shower with my family. My MOH will be inviting all of her family and I guess the one friend I have in Indiana and of course my mother. I am very greatfull that she is throwing me this bridal shower. I am just nervous that I am going to feel weird with a bunch of women celebrating my wedding when they don't even know me-or even worse no one showing up because they don't really know me. I cannot afford to fly to NJ and have a bridal shower with my family and I know that my NJ family cannot afford to fly to Indiana more than once this year, since they are already flying in for the wedding. I know I just need to suck it up and enjoy this time in my life even if my family isn't here to celebrate with me.

Re: Bridal Shower without my family

• I know what it's like to not have much family near you. If having a shower with your family in NJ isn't an option, and you really feel uncomfortable with people you don't know being there, decline the shower. Hopefully your friend will understand that a shower isn't very much fun with people you don't know. Or if you think you'll be okay with it, go along with it and it'll be a great time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards