Pre-wedding Parties
Options

RSD

Ok so my Fiance and I are not agreeing on this so I must ask this 2 part question.  Can we throw ourselves our own engagement party?  But the big question is the Rehearsal Dinner.  He thinks that we have to invite all out of town relatives-which I may add are all on his side and there are a lot!! I thought you just had the people involved in the wedding there?! I want to do the right thing without breaking the bank and causing issues!! Please help!!

Re: RSD

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you throw your own engagement party?  Etiquette-wise: no.

Who is invited to the rehearsal dinner?  Anyone in the wedding party, involved in the rehearsal and their dates.  Anyone else you want is optional.  The rehearsal dinner is a thank you for those involved in the ceremony who took off time to come and rehearse for your ceremony.  Feed all those people and their dates.  The out of towners?  If you want to invite them - go ahead.  It's not mandatory by any means, though.
  • Options
    jrbyjrby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     As far as the out of town guests go, I think it depends on where they would be staying. FI's family has a few cousins and his grandma come up every year for the 4th of July. They stay at FI's house, and our wedding is July 2nd so they will be in town for our rehearsal dinner on the 1st. We are planning on inviting them because it would be rude to leave them at the house while we go do the rehearsal dinner. If they were staying at a hotel though, I probably wouldn't invite them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards