Pre-wedding Parties

Who attends the bachelorette party?

One of my MOHs (I chose 2) is already asking about where I want to have the bach. party. Personally, being a student and it being midterms season I haven't put a lot of thought into any wedding stuff lately and def. not the bach. party. However, it came up that she thought only bridesmaids attend the bach party, but I have 5 more girls that I would want to be there, making it a total of 9 girls plus me. Is it really traditionally just the BMs at the party or can I ask to invite others as well? My wedding will be the first one I attend as an adult but she's been in 3 just this past summer so my first thought was she's probably right. 

Side Note: I know both my MOHs are really excited to plan the bach party together but isn't it a little early?

Re: Who attends the bachelorette party?

• SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, it is absolutely early to plan the bachelorette party!  That being said, my MOH is already asking me when I would like to have a bridal shower.  I would tell her: "MOH, I am so appreciative that she is so enthusiastic about my bachelorette party.  I haven't given it too much thought at this point, especially with exams coming up, but I do have a general idea of who I would like there. What do you think about invinting all the bridesmaids and X friends?  It would be so great to get everyone together!"

That way you make it clear you appreciate her efforts, but you focus lies elsewhere at the moment.  You also throw your opinion about having your other friends there, but make her feel involved because you say "what do you think about..."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    For my cousin's BP, we went out after her bridal shower. It just fit everyone's schedule better that way. All of the ladies who came to the shower also were invited to the BP. Not everyone went, though. We didn't do anything crazy, just grabbed some drinks and went dancing. Your MOH may be thinking of a bridal luncheon, which is usually just the bridal party, bride, MOB and sometimes the MOG. I agree with the previous post about mentioning to your MOH that you'd really like the chance for several friends to go out together.
  • edited December 2011
    having been in 4 weddings myself, I have to say its never too early to start planning these things. It's insanely difficult to pick dates that work for everyone, and your MOH is probably determined to pick a date when everyone or mostly everyone can make it. the earlier your MOH can find a date, the more people will be able to come. 

Also - I've never been to a bachelorette party where only the bridesmaids attended, and I've probably been to about 15 bach parties. It's always been the bridesmaids who organize it (mostly through the MOH), and then the bride gives a list of other girls to invite. I'm sure either way you want to do it would be fine! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards