Pre-wedding Parties

Childcare at your reception?

Hi ladies

I just wanted to get some feedback from new brides and brides to be if they would include childcare during thier reception?..

Your having a great time while some of the children are starting to get ants in thier pants..would you spend extra money to have fun things for the children to do in the reception area that doesn't take away from the brides special day?

What would you be willing to pay for this type of service?

Re: Childcare at your reception?

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_childcare-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:675240c3-1b88-43b0-9fff-562f6f342aeePost:4c41b2d2-bbe0-434a-b5f4-33062f8e93fc">Childcare at your reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies I just wanted to get some feedback from new brides and brides to be if they would include childcare during thier reception?.. Your having a great time while some of the children are starting to get ants in thier pants..<strong>would you spend extra money to have fun things for the children to do in the reception area that doesn't take away from the brides special day?</strong> What would you be willing to pay for this type of service?
    Posted by Dumpy[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... what?  How do children exactly take away from the bride's special day?  And isn't it really a special day for the groom, his parents, and the bride's parents, too?

I would probably provide a small goodie bag for each kid of crayons, paper, a silly toy.  Nothing too fancy.  Kids know how to play with other kids.
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Between this post and your other post, I think you are bordering on advertising yourself.  That is against the Knot Terms of Service.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_ideas-childrens-activities-reception
  • edited December 2011
    I was answering a post and asking opinions...Not adversting...Wow didn't mean to forget everybody in the wedding party...

Have a blessed day..
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't pay for babysitting at the reception. I would expect parents to watch out for their own kids. I am having few children there and their paretns will be in charge. As PP said, small goodie bags will be made and given out.

EDITED: As PP said, the wording of your post does sound like the start of an advertisement.
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, I am a parent, but I am having an adult only reception. Therefore, I am forced to have childcare for family who has to bring their kids from oot. I have no idea what I will pay for this service. Likely nothing, but who knows.
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards