Pre-wedding Parties

Wedding Day 5k

My daughter wants to have a early morning run on her wedding day, so I want to plan a casual 5k for about the 15 of us that will be running...ideas? Mostly I need a cute name for it...thanks

Re: Wedding Day 5k

• Wow! I've run in 5Ks before but could never do that on my wedding day. Good for her! I think I would just have too many things going on, but perhaps it would help to clear her head too.

Hmm I'm not good with coming up with cute names for things. I'll think on it. Who all is running in it? BMs, friends, relatives, etc?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Bride, a few BM's, MOB and a few friends and a few brothers and cousins will be running.
  • joklein7joklein7 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Race to the Altar? Run to the Altar? Good for her wanting to run on her wedding day!
  • ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_wedding-day-5k?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:67fb70ee-277e-4ed8-8d5d-385a75a16e0dPost:69886ce5-6085-404f-8d9f-e1c57191e7c0">Re: Wedding Day 5k</a>:
    [QUOTE]Race to the Altar? Run to the Altar? Good for her wanting to run on her wedding day!
    Posted by joklein7[/QUOTE]

<div>These are cute- I do like "Wedding Day 5K" since it rhymes, or, "Big Day 5K," maybe?</div>
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I've always seen this as "race to the altar."  Just make sure the other people running actually want to do it - I would hate thatsort of wedding activity, but would feel obligated to participate if I in the wedding party.  If they are all runners on a normal basis, great.  Otherwise, I'd try to talk her out of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pearlaquapearlaqua member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Running of the Bride?

(Though that makes it seem like she is running away...but it could also connote the running of the bulls in Pamplona)

The Wedding March?

Bridal Trot?

Wedding Relay?

Race Til Lace (if she's wearing lace)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards