Pre-wedding Parties
Options

No "extra" events?

Okay, so this is kind of my little whiney pity party here, so bear with me lol. We are having a small family-only wedding (with only 4 friends--30 people total, including bride and groom), and I'm SUPER excited about how all the plans are coming together! But, for various reason we're not going on a honeymoon, no rehearsal dinner, and we decided not to register, since we're pretty established on the housewares front (and this is my second go-round). And maybe because it IS my second time, nobody seems interested in throwing any kind of shower type pre-wedding whatever you want to call it. Honestly, I don't care about the gifts, because as I said, we're set in that way, and I'm not really the type who enjoys sitting in front of a crowd opening gifts. I was just kind of hoping for a gals-only get together bonding something-or-other in place of the usual "oooh and ahhh" over towels and pots kind of thing. I know if my mother was still here she'd probably have it all wrapped up and planned (and maybe that is part of my sadness, since she was still alive for the first wedding).

Am I being silly feeling a little bummed about this? I kind of feel like I am. But since I'm NOT looking for gifts, would be be okay for ME to just plan a pre-wedding ladies night myself?

Re: No "extra" events?

• Options
    You can gather all the girls and go out whenever you want.  Just don't associate with your wedding and you'll be good to go.
  • Options
    Definitely would NOT throw myself a shower, or anything remotely reminiscent of one.  Literally thinking, girls, over at my place... good food, good wine, and great company.  Just a Girls night IN... no gifts, etc.  And it would only be ladies invited to the wedding (My 2 SIL's, one FSIL, and two friends),
  • Options
    PPs have covered it, but I want to say that you won't get to experience the Oohing and aahing over opening towels and pots because you aren't registering.  Therefore you can't have a shower, even if it was offered.  I think you should call up the girls in your wedding though, and have a night in or out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards