Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal shower name tags?

Is it ok to ask guests to wear name tags at my bridal shower? My Mom isn't sure if she should have name tags to help the bride and groom sides of the family remember new names.
Jersey bride34

Re: Bridal shower name tags?

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    I'm not a fan of name tags. Honestly, how much talking will they do to each other that they NEED to remember names? If I'm talking to someone and I like them and want to call over to them, I am going to remember their name on my own. If I don't remember it, it doesn't mean I can't still talk to them; I just don't use their name. But maybe that's just me. I'm a teacher, so I'm in the habit of learning new names very quickly. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-name-tags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:72fab4a9-70d3-4b57-8bdc-9e75d4facfbcPost:9d7619ee-3802-4db2-8bab-71aa8a7f5de7">Bridal shower name tags?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it ok to ask guests to wear name tags at my bridal shower? My Mom isn't sure if she should have name tags to help the bride and groom sides of the family remember new names.
    Posted by RebeccaD34[/QUOTE]

It's okay to ask the guests to wear them, but they'll probably think it's weird and will lose them very quickly. I would.
    The best is at school orientation when they make you wear them... and we all put them on the lowest part of out shirt/dress. Good luck reading them when people are seated.

Name tags really don't help to learn names. If anything, it leads to awkward moments where you can tell they're checking your name tag. I'd rather someone admit defeat and ask me my name again and vice versa.
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to wear a name tag at a social event.

• Options
    In Response to Re:Bridal shower name tags?:[QUOTE]I wouldn't want to wear a name tag at a social event. Posted by MairePoppy[/QUOTE]

Me neither.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards