Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Guests

My fiance's sisters and mom are invited to the bridal shower, but do I invite his female cousins and aunts? Im inviting mine but my family is A LOT smaller than his. What's the rule?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower Guests

• It really depends on your circle. In mine every female guest is invited, in others it's just those close to the bride. There is no right or wrong way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have another year and a half before the wedding but Im trying to figure out all of the rules beforehand.

My understanding for the Bridal shower is that I have to come up with the guest list and the Maid of Honor does the rest..

The thing about my maid of honor... she is so worried about making me happy that she keeps saying whatever you want and Ill just put it together... this is her first time as a maid of honor. But I would really like her to do it.. I know whatever she does will make me happy.

Thanks for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-guests-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:732e2cae-2cdc-4cfd-a6d2-41c39e33e1aaPost:51fb463d-43be-425d-8956-f4beaee56db8">Re: Bridal Shower Guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have another year and a half before the wedding but Im trying to figure out all of the rules beforehand. My understanding for the Bridal shower is that I have to come up with the guest list and the Maid of Honor does the rest.. The thing about my maid of honor... she is so worried about making me happy that she keeps saying whatever you want and Ill just put it together... this is her first time as a maid of honor. But I would really like her to do it.. I know whatever she does will make me happy. Thanks for the advice!
    Posted by ryanpaa10[/QUOTE]

<div>Before you give her the guest list you ask HER how many people she can accomodate.  She may have the means to host 15-20 guests and if you hand her a list that is substantially larger then you are putting her in a bad position.</div><div>
    </div><div>She means very well, but you need to tell her that she is in charge of the shower if she has offered to host it.  You should have no part in planning it other than to furnish the guest list with the number of guests she has told you she can host.  She doens't seem to realize she can put boundaries on what she does here.  Help her understand that.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards