Pre-wedding Parties

Plan my own party?

After a recent issue of everyone assuming someone else was planning our shower, FI's mom got one planned last minute (only a few weeks before the wedding due to schedule issues). I'm just happy we're getting one ;)  However, this makes me wonder if the same thing will happen for a bachelorette-type gettogether. All of my girl friends work and have families or school or some all three.  I know the MOH is usually the one planning this, but this would be my sister who lives on the other side of the country with three kids and full time work and school.  Honestly, all I want is her to be there for the big day, I wouldn't dream of putting more on her plate.  So I'm wondering if it's bad form to start planning my own bachelorette party?  The only time available would be the weekend before the wedding (closer than I'd like but no other option) and I'm kinda wanting to know if I should start putting down ideas to give the ladies I'd like to be there some heads up.  I'm just thinking as far as what to go do, and working out sleeping arrangements as time goes by.  I live three hours away from most of them and figured it'd be easier for me to go there than all of them driving here. What do you think?  
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Plan my own party?

• Like showers, bachelorette parties are parties thrown in your honor.  You don't get to plan your own.  (It's also not solely on the MOH - or anyone - to plan one for you.  They are a gift if you have them, but not a requirement of getting married.)

That doesn't mean that you can't organize a girls' night with your friends; you just don't get to call it a bachelorette party and it probably would be something were you would host (financially) some or part of evening, or at least paid your own way.
    Anniversary

• That works, it'd be more a girls night out than a traditional B-party anyway.  It's just ever since I moved in with my FI I hardly get to see them anymore being so far away, I just want to spend time with my girls :)  Thanks!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've planned my own party but that is mostly because I have a destination wedding ( 13 guests in total), with no maid of honour, and the average age group of the ladies that are joining me is 45. We are keeping it chic and sophisticated, with cocktails at a bar with spectacular views, followed by a dinner at one of the best restaurants on the island, and dancing for the young at heart in the club district will be optional. Two days later we are spending my wedding day on a luxury yacht with enough alcohol to booze up a village so need to keep it low key till then...
  • I am in a similar situation. I have a MOH who doesn't want to plan the bach. party and I dont know if she would know how, even though she is a working adult. I just wanted a mani/pedi or spa day and have been calling places but can't find any big enough. Can I continue just planning my own or is that really weird? I know if I dont I wont get one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards