Pre-wedding Parties

Attend a destination bach trip right before your wedding?

A good friend of mine recently got engaged and set her wedding date for summer 2011. I'm in her WP. My own wedding is now only a few months away and her destination bachelorette trip was just set for a week/end that would have me returning home 10 days before I leave for my own wedding (which is a destination wedding).

Would you make the trip when your own wedding is so close? Or would that just be setting myself up to be incredibly stressed out when I return home? I hate to miss out on her trip but you only get married once, and if I come back and am exhausted and stressed for mine, I'll regret having gone. Helpful advice please!

Re: Attend a destination bach trip right before your wedding?

• Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_attend-destination-bach-trip-right-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:7bd01221-71e2-4a88-8b08-e0d9790ea804Post:e1c80546-b5c8-468f-83f8-644fd07de4a7">Attend a destination bach trip right before your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A good friend of mine recently got engaged and set her wedding date for summer 2011. I'm in her WP. My own wedding is now only a few months away and her destination bachelorette trip was just set for a <strong>week/end</strong> that would have me returning home 10 days before I leave for my own wedding (which is a destination wedding). Would you make the trip when your own wedding is so close? Or would that just be setting myself up to be incredibly stressed out when I return home? I hate to miss out on her trip but you only get married once, and if I come back and am exhausted and stressed for mine, I'll regret having gone. Helpful advice please!
    Posted by blankslate25[/QUOTE]
    Is her bach trip a week or a weekend? Because that might make a difference in my answer.
    I also think it has a lot to do with how much work you have to do beforehand and all that. If anything, you might appreciate a day or two away lol.
  • edited December 2011
    It's spilling over from a weekend to extend through about Weds/Thurs of the next week, but since I have no extra time off from work (it's all already allocated for my honeymoon, etc) if I went I would have to cut my portion of the trip short and make it a weekend only event.
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mean, if you have everything set for your wedding, it might be a fun weekend out with the girls to relax and NOT think about your wedding right before going off for it. I'd probably go for the weekend if I had the money for it... I think it sounds like it could be a lot of fun, if you know that you'll be gone for that weekend then you can plan on what to get done before and after you leave, and if you're getting stressed it could be a welcome break from having to do things for your own wedding. On the other hand, if you think you're going to be stressed out the entire time you're there, then it'd probably be better not to go.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Ah, its just a weekend!  If you can afford it go!  It will be some fun silly time and you will hopefully decompress a bit while there and then be refreshed and gung hung for the final days before your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards