Pre-wedding Parties

Vegas Baby

I am going to Vegas for my bachelorette party in Jan. 2011 MLK weekend!!

I am inviting all my close girlfriends, sisters, and bridesmaids of course.  My MOH is setting most everything up.  I don't expect everyone to be able to go because of $$ issues.  However, for those who do go, I want them to have a fab time.

I am thinking of this as a mini-vaca for all of us.  Any suggestions on things to do?  I know what I would like to do, but am afraid that some people will be left out because of $$.  For example, can everyone pay to go to a show, go for a massage/spa day, or a really, really nice dinner?

Any advice?  What did you gals do?

Thank you!

Re: Vegas Baby

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_vegas-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:8cf13dab-c546-469b-8d0a-5b16e7941119Post:c7bf9bbf-6461-4a25-9278-2a8410aa7f91">Vegas Baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going to Vegas for my bachelorette party in Jan. 2011 MLK weekend!! I am inviting all my close girlfriends, sisters, and bridesmaids of course.  My MOH is setting most everything up.  I don't expect everyone to be able to go because of $$ issues.  However, for those who do go, I want them to have a fab time. I am thinking of this as a mini-vaca for all of us.  Any suggestions on things to do?  I know what I would like to do, but am afraid that some people will be left out because of $$.  For example, can everyone pay to go to a show, go for a massage/spa day, or a really, really nice dinner? Any advice?  What did you gals do? Thank you!
    Posted by mata8888[/QUOTE]

Well, for starters, I wouldn't be planning my own b-party.  That's a gift that your WP throws FOR you, not a party thrown BY you.  So for you to be planning a very expensive weekend in Vegas is, IMO, inappropriate.

If you do plan this, including travel costs, plus all the activities you mentioned:  are you paying? 

I think you're putting people in a very, very awkward position.  It's one thing for them to tell your MOH, or another member of your WP that they don't want this.  But it's pretty hard to say that to the bride.

You're overstepping here, I think.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.
    Especially since the bride isn't supposed to pay for the b-party. So, basically it sounds like you are expecting other girls to pay for your expensive mini vacation that you are putting together for yourself.

But the reason why you posted is for advice on what to do. Find affordable things for your friends to do. That's my advice. They have a free shows at night in front of Treasure Island and the Mirage. The fountains in front of the Bellagio are erally cool and you can window shop at the Forum Shops at Ceasers and the Desert Passage/Miracle Mile. You can visit the lions at the MGM. They have the light show at Fremont Street, along with street performers if you go on the weekends. All free.

• edited December 2011
    I agree with the others, you shouldn't be planning your own party.  That's what the WP is there for.  I'm going to Vegas myself this weekend for my b-party and I have no clue what is going to happen.  I told all of my girls the things that I would like to do, but it was up to them to plan everything out.  And if your girls know you well enough they will plan something that you will enjoy.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going for mine August 20-22. All I know is where we are staying and that we will be doin' some serious dancin'!!!!! *FIST PUMP* That's the way it should be...you shouldn't be involved in planning...at all!
  • quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If this is the type of party that MOH wants to throw for you, then SHE should contact all of the people who will be invited and discuss with them what they would like to do and what they are comfortable with to get a feel for how many people would be able to participate if you all did X vs. Y.

You should not be involved.
    Married 10/2/10
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    your WP should discuss how much everyone can afford and what activities to do.  i absolutely hate it when brides (and grooms) try to dictate what type of party they want, especially all the expensive details, and then expect the WP to cover the cost.

that being said, there is something in Vegas for every price range.  i'm sure your WP will have no shortage of things to do and you will have a good time even without seeing pricey shows, extravagent spa days, and "really, really nice" dinners.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards