Pre-wedding Parties

bridal shower and rehearsal dinner attire help!!!!!

I am torn trying to find something to wear!! I am having a backyard barbeque type couples shower that the best man and matron of honor are hosting for us, and I am having a bridal shower at a fancy restaurant. So therefore, I have been looking for dresses and I cannot find one that isnt hoochie!!! Is anyone else wearing a little white dress to the rehearsal dinner??? and does anyone know where I can find a dress that is cocktail length, and that I can bend over without showing everyone what my mamma gave me???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bridal shower and rehearsal dinner attire help!!!!!

• danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I actually wore a black dress to the rehearsal dinner.  I got it on clearance from Banana Republic.

For my bridal shower, which was a tea, I wore a summer dress from New York & Co.

What stores do you typically shop at?

Some good places to look would be Ann Taylor, New York & Co, White House Black Market, and regular department stores.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds great, thank you so much for your help!! I usually shop at J.Crew, Ann Taylor, NYC clothes dont fit me right, although I love them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You should also check on the web. I saw some really nice dresses at Sears.com and also kmart and target that can be jazzed up. They were very reasonable and really pretty in tea length. God bless you and Congrats : )
  • edited December 2011

Depending on how much you are looking to spend, Nordstrom had a very wide selection of white, cocktail length dresses.  The one I am going to wear (grecian-looking, cocktail length), would be appropriate for a backyard BBQ (where you are the star and can be a little more dressed up) or a fancy restaurant.

• edited December 2011
    I usually get my dresses from Victorias Secret catalog, most of the time they're real nice, and they do have a few more conservative options, cuz I dont like hoochie dresses either. 

Recently I went to Dillard's and they have a real wide selection of maxi dresses, they'd be good for a barbeque. Comfortable and classy casual. 
    Trust your heart, love knows the way. Pregnancy Ticker
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I usually get my dresses from Forever 21, Victorias Secret, and Body Central (online store). I got both my dresses for the bridal shower and b-party from Body Central. They have great dresses all under $30 plus they have a $9 deal of the week. PIB of both dresses under the tab "Pre-Wedding Parties".

http://www.bodyc.com/
  • lemkenlemken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    An amazing place with adorable, and affordable dresses is Ruche. I am wearing this one to my rehearsal dinner:

http://www.shopruche.com/tell-me-in-sweet-fragrance-sweetheart-dress-by-ark-co-p-2743.html
  • edited December 2011
    I always like The Limited or RW & Co (they have great dresses)!
  • edited December 2011
    I think Macy's has a great selection of dresses. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards