Pre-wedding Parties

Couples Wedding Shower

Hello all! I am one of two MOH in my best friend's wedding next June. Even though the wedding is not until next summer, I am trying to get a head start on planning the bridal shower. The bride's family is taking care of the big family shower and the other MOH and myself are planning on throwing a smaller couples shower for the bridal party and any other younger guests (since we are on limited budgets). We are all in our early to mid 20's and I am not sure what kind of theme or games to include. Any tips from others who have thrown coed showers?

Re: Couples Wedding Shower

• Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You don't need a theme and games can be optional. I would definitely focus your attention on the food and drinks, instead. If you do want some games, you can try having guests answer questions about the couple. (where was their first date? How did they meet? Who is least likely to poison the other in the kitchen?) Who ever answers the most questions right, gets a prize, like two movie tickets or a gift card to a restaurant or something.
  • edited December 2011
    You could have a pizza, beer and wine or a barbecue. Skip the shower games. Borrow  a few lawn games such as bocce or jarts, just in case the guest are looking for something to do. In between watching the couple open gifts, eating and socializing, they might not get to the games.

• JessicaD0423JessicaD0423 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, thanks ladies! That was just the input I needed!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards