Pre-wedding Parties
Options

rehearsal dinner evites?

So my Future In laws are throwing us our rehearsal dinner and we are very grateful but I am the youngest 6 children and I have four brothers and for all of their rehearsal dinner's my parents sent out inviations in the mail. When I told this to my FIL's they said they never did that for their other sons. So at first they were just going to call all the people we are inviting and ask them what they want for dinner but I suggested an evite.. do you think that is ok.. Its a little more formal then a phone call right???

Re: rehearsal dinner evites?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is up to your FMIL, since she is hosting the RD.

IMO, if the guests have to order their meals ahead of time, the evite would make more sense. They can look over the menu before they answer and FMIL will have access to the info via her computer. The guests will have the time and place in writing, too.

If the guests will be ordering their meals when they arrive at the RD, then the phone invite would be fine. She might end up playing phone tag with some of the guests, though. Most of the RD invitation that I have recieved have been 'word of mouth.'

• Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_rehearsal-dinner-evites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:94e6e684-0453-4203-bcf1-df70b2707005Post:dc98cbf6-2ec0-4868-9cbf-c59bc5267824">rehearsal dinner evites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my Future In laws are throwing us our rehearsal dinner and we are very grateful but I am the youngest 6 children and I have four brothers and for all of their rehearsal dinner's my parents sent out inviations in the mail. When I told this to my FIL's they said they never did that for their other sons. So at first they were just going to call all the people we are inviting and ask them what they want for dinner but I suggested an evite.. do you think that is ok.. Its a little more formal then a phone call right???
    Posted by col+and[/QUOTE]
    I definitely think a phone call is more formal than an evite. And it's more personal, too. I know a lot of people who don't check their email regularly and others who don't even have email.
    It's really up to your In-Laws, though since they're the ones hosting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards