Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Showers...

So, MOH and her mom have decided to give me a bridal shower - hooray! - and when I got engaged, I was told that my cousin and her mother would be throwing me a shower - double hooray! - and that FI's best friend's wife would ALSO be throwing me a shower - triple hooray! However, since then, I haven't heard a word from cousin or FI's best friend's wife about showers. They both recently had babies (2 days apart from each other less than a month ago) and when they said they'd give me showers they weren't even pregnant yet. I'm not EXPECTING a shower from either of them anymore - but hey, if they say they want to, I'm not going to be rude and say no.

Here's the issue: MOH wants my shower invite list - I dont know if I should invite my cousin, aunt or FI's best friend's wife to this shower because they both said they wanted to host one. MOH has told me I can invite 20 people to the shower, so I dont really want to waste 3 invites to people who were interested in throwing me a shower (FI's best friend's wife, Cousin and Aunt). I dont want to be rude and say "so are you throwing me a shower or not?" - how do I handle it?

Re: Showers...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you're right in not wanting to outright, rudely ask if they're throwing you parties. I think a good solution is for you to invite the other potential hosts to this first shower. If nothing else, it'll give them a nudge to get started on their own showers, or at least explain give you a sense of whether they're going to do anything at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards