Pre-wedding Parties

Lingerie registry for Bachelorette?

Hi girls,

My MOH filled me in that she is planning a lingerie themed bach. where everyone brings some lingerie as a gift instead of games or gags. That sounds like a great idea to me and it's not up to me anyways, but I feel a bit concerned because I have trouble finding undergarments that fit right on my own or that I think I look good in...I don't know how easy it would be for my friends to pick stuff out for me that on their own.

I was wondering if registries exist for lingerie in Canada? Is it even appropriate to register for lingerie gifts that are part of a bachelorette, or should I leave it up to the girls invited? Does it look like I am gift grabbing if I am aware that I am getting gifts so I set up a registry of them? Or do you think they will appreciate knowing they will get me something that I will wear? Is there an ettiquette for this?

Thank you!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lingerie registry for Bachelorette?

• quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think of bach parties as gift giving events so I would be put off if I were told to bring a gift or shown a registry.  But I don't know how things are done in Canada.
    Married 10/2/10
  • edited December 2011

It's my MOH's plan either way to make it like a lingerie shower/bachelorette/girl's night in. I don't think I can tell her to change her party plans since she is organizing it... I am just trying to figure out that since this is her plan, if it's ok to to register or to not register?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm actually going to a Bachelorette tonight, that is also a lingerie shower. and i'm from Ontario!

i don't have a problem with it, but i'll be honest i'm not too picky about anything really.
    i DID find it a little tricky to shop for the bride for her lingerie gift because
    1) i don't know her THAT well (although i have known her for about 15 years)
    2) she's marrying my cousin.. it's awkward trying to think of what your cousin might like on his wife.
    3) my cousin is studying to be a pastor. so she's also a pastor's wife... not that pastor's don't like lingerie. it's just a tad more awkward haha.

the hostess of the shower let us all know what her size is for lingerie, and i'm just including a gift receipt with my gift. i *hope* she likes it, but i won't be offended if she wants to exchange it either.

but i've never heard of a lingerie registry anyways (not at la senza for sure).
  • edited December 2011

Hi heyimbren !!

Including the size was my MOH's idea as well...  I think your idea about including the receipt is a fantastic idea, it kind of solves alot of problems in case anyone does buy me something that doesnt fit right or is uncomfortable... My main concern is not wanting to waste anyone's gift...

I have never heard of a registry at la senza either... though that would be pretty sweet... lol. 

Do you think my MOH should tell people to include the receipts or do you think my friends will know they should....?  I would hate to have to ask for it if they get something thats like.... made small.... you know how M is really XXS in some stores lolol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just called and La Senzaa DOES have a registry.... now THAT just complicated the question for me.... LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What about a wish list or something from Victorias Secret or some other lingerie store? Most of these places have online wish lists that you can create then your MOH can list the website to find it.
  • bekahjane89bekahjane89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm from Texas, but even here - many times a lingere shower will be thrown with the bachelorette party.
    We recently threw one for a friend and we included her size on the invitation and she made a gift registry at Fredricks of Hollywood. Now beware, this site has everything from nice lace sleepware to things that I personally would die before I'd be willing to open up in front of a room full of people! However, something along those lines may help ease your concerns and make shopping easier for others.
    Hope it helps!

Beka Lou
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_lingerie-registry-bachelorette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:a7c15e10-3b21-4c58-a3ff-c31f5316fa7cPost:24541560-69ed-442e-b582-dd8bd5682b2f">Re: Lingerie registry for Bachelorette?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you think my MOH should tell people to include the receipts or do you think my friends will know they should....? 
    Posted by AutumnGlamour[/QUOTE]

As far as i'm aware, last night at the lingerie shower, everyone brought a gift receipt on their own. so i wouldn't worry about it. i think most people assume to bring them, but i haven't had any big problems exchanging things for store credit or for different sizes without a receipt.

wow la senza has a registry? i had no idea lol. that's kinda neat. but i've also never heard of anyone doing it. i think it would depend more on your social group, what would be better for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards