Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower Questions

We're having a small wedding and inviting about 65 close friends and family. Some friends have said they want to throw a shower in a few months and asked me to start thinking of who i would like them to invite. The problem is, the majority of our guest list for the wedding is out of state family. I've always been told its impolite to invite people to a shower that are not going to be invited to the wedding. Thoughts?

Also,
With the Holidays coming up, i've been seeing artificial trees everywhere... is it apporpriate to register for a Christmas tree? I know it sounds weird but i've heard of people doing it and im not sure how i feel about it.

Re: Shower Questions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You are correct. You should not invite anyone to a shower who is not on the wedding guest list. The size your wedding does not change this. Work showers would be the only exception.

I think it's a great idea to register for a Christmas tree. You could also include holiday decorations and table accessories.

• Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Only invite people to a shower who are invited to the wedding. I like smaller showers better anyways. Or you can politely decline the offer of a shower.

I think registering for a Christmas tree sounds great.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards