Pre-wedding Parties

pre-wedding parties...

is it rude of me to suggest ideas for my pre-wedding parties (bacholorette party, bridal showers)?  i know that my mom is throwing a bridal shower, but its going to be for her side of the family only.  i'm not looking to have a bunch of showers/parties just to get gifts, but i would definalty like to spend time with FI's family and celebrate with my friends prewedding.  i guess i'm asking if it would be rude of me to suggest to FMIL to have a bridal shower for her family, and to MOH to have one for my friends?  or should i just plan one?  in no way am i looking to get more gifts, so don't even think that...

Re: pre-wedding parties...

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes it would be rude to suggest.

If they ask  for suggestions then it's fine to offer, but it's not for you to mention or plan.
  • quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_pre-wedding-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:aa94aafd-a185-418e-b1e7-ccea1c56b052Post:969fd60f-b783-4604-9c9e-a26f967c5089">pre-wedding parties...</a>:
    [QUOTE]is it rude of me to suggest ideas for my pre-wedding parties (bacholorette party, bridal showers)?  i know that my mom is throwing a bridal shower, but its going to be for her side of the family only.  i'm not looking to have a bunch of showers/parties just to get gifts, but i would definalty like to spend time with FI's family and celebrate with my friends prewedding.  i guess i'm asking if it would be rude of me to suggest to FMIL to have a bridal shower for her family, and to MOH to have one for my friends?  or should i just plan one?  in no way am i looking to get more gifts, so don't even think that...
    Posted by lucyloo1002[/QUOTE]

Suggesting <em>ideas</em> is borderline, but that's not actually what you're talking about.  You're asking if you can suggest that somebody throw you a party.  That's a huge no-no.
    Married 10/2/10
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_pre-wedding-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:aa94aafd-a185-418e-b1e7-ccea1c56b052Post:e4df5a02-7b66-4ae6-9d0d-85fe4aaeea35">Re: pre-wedding parties...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes it would be rude to suggest. If they ask  for suggestions then it's fine to offer, but it's not for you to mention or plan.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

Ditto this exactly. My mom and MOH asked me what I would want for a bridal shower theme, and I said a tea party would be fun. They ended up throwing me a mad hatter tea party since they know I love Alice and Wonderland. They took my suggestion (after asking me for it) and kicked it up a notch. It was a wondeful shower.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it's rude.  You CAN hang out with FI's family and your friends, and your family, you know.  Have a BBQ.  Have a picnic.  Have a party.  Have several.  Have them at your place.  Just don't make them wedding related.

The fact that you're engaged doesn't mean that every get together has to be about or even related to your wedding.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    kay.. thanks ya'll..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards