Pre-wedding Parties

Why is Bachelor party the norm? *Rant*

I don't know how many times I have heard people asking what FI is doing for his bachelor party and then practically in the same breath, saying they can't believe I'm having a bachelorette party and how it's degrading to women. Neither of us are having strippers and out Bestman/MOH know how we feel about it.

I mean most people saying this are a little older, but its not fair that everyone expects the guy to have a party while expecting the ladies to sit home knitting every night! (I crochet btw lol)

I know that's not everyone, but what should I say to these people that are so rude?
Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development

Re: Why is Bachelor party the norm? *Rant*

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

"Could you clarify what you mean by degrading to women?  I'm so confused about how I'm supposed to feel bad about drinks with my friends."

• smartlyprettysmartlypretty member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of anything calling bachlorette parties "degrading"??? How could they possibly be considered degrading? You just go out and drink with your friends. I could see someone calling people that go out for them sluts, drunks, party girls, etc (which is also ridiculous) but at least that makes sense.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or do you mean degrading to the strippers? Meh, it's a job. 

• edited December 2011
    I have no idea. These people are insane. Maybe it's because you wear the pink sash that says bachelorette on it. I have no idea what the issue is. Like I said I just wanted to vent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha no I think you are right. They are just nuts. It seems like whenever anyone brings up my wedding they have all these crazy ideas to go with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards