Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Party from my mom

My mom really wants to host some sort of pre-wedding event but we know that it isn't proper for her to host a wedding shower. What type of get together can she be the host of? We talked about a tea, but we want to look at other ideas, too. Any ideas? Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Party from my mom

• Options
    ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the "Bride's mom can't host a wedding shower" thing is kind of going by the way side. Another user mentioned earlier that that etiquette was mostly because the bride was usually living with her parents in the interim of being married and thus it's assumed that their parents would benefit from any gifts the bride received. As that is usually not the case, I don't see anything wrong with your mom hosting your bridal shower. I've only ever seen a bridal shower hosted by the bride's mother.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    stephasuasustephasuasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My aunt offered to host our shower at the restaurant of our choice (Gibson's), but the cost was high and we really didn't want her to spend the money. My mom and FI mom stepped in and covered the cost. My aunt took care of all the games, game prizes, and favors instead. 
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the middle about this.

I would not host any of my daughter's showers but I did offer to "help out" the bridal party financially on the couples shower they gave.

Sorry, old school here

Everyone else I know says it's find to host any type of party for your daughter.
  • Options
    katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

2 of my mom's close friends are the "hosts" of my wedding shower, but I know she's helping.. she tells me she isn't, but I know she is! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards