Pre-wedding Parties

Comedy Hypnotist at Bachelorette Party?

Has anyone looked into having a comedy hypnotist at their (or someone else's) bachelorette party?  I think it would be really fun and unique, but am afraid it would be really expensive.  When I look it up online most of the sites advertise for corporate/large events and don't have prices listed.  Interested in people's advice/thoughts if you've had one, been to a party with one, or have looked into it.  I'd be looking to have one in Minnesota.

Re: Comedy Hypnotist at Bachelorette Party?

• edited December 2011
    If all they list are for corporate events I would imagine it's pretty expensive. You could try posting on your local board if you're really serious about finding someone though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    These are usually for big groups.  When I've seen a hypnotist, it's in an auditorium and out of say 100 people, 5 fall under.  So the odds of anyone falling under at a b-party are slim.

Even then, this is a highly specialized form of entertainment, so I'm assuming it won't come cheap.  I don't know if you're the bride or a BM, but if you're the bride you definitely shouldn't be telling your BMs to hire a hypnotist that might cost thousands.  If you're the BM, then you need to make this a collective decision with the other BMs.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  That was helpful.  I am the bride and just thought of the idea yesterday.  I agree that it probably would be too expensive.  I would only want one if they did smaller gatherings and didn't cost more than a few hundred dollars, but I don't think that is possible.  Thought I would see if anyone else had looked into it/done it before deciding if I wanted to pursue the idea further (or express the idea to my MOH/BMs).  Think I'll just get rid of the idea from my head! Thanks again :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I actually was asked for ideas by my MOH and BMs and they wanted to do something unique and different.  Usually my friends end up getting a party bus and paying a few hundred dollars (which then gets split by 20-30 ppl so it's at most $20/each).  However, I'm not really for the whole party bus thing so this would have been something different but not at a higher cost.  I posted this question to find out if anyone else had ever done the idea or looked into it, but guess no one has, so question answered. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards