Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal shower

So when I got engaged, my mom instantly offered to throw me a bridal shower. I graciously accepted and am really excited for it. Well last night, I called her to talk about some NWR stuff and she brought up the shower and said she wanted to have it in May 2013. I asked her if she thought that was a bit early, considering my wedding is in October, five months later. She said it was fine because it is a tea party themed shower and should be in the "height of spring." Am I wrong in thinking that is super early? Would I be out of line to ask her nicely to change the date?

Re: Bridal shower

• Options
    It's too early. Traditionally they are 2-3 months before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You're right. That's too early. I wouldn't go more than three months before the wedding date.

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I'll be sure to talk about the date with my mom in the morning
  • Options
    Definitely too early. From what I understand 2 months prior is the earliest ettiquette wise
    Visit The Knot! wedding countdown So excited to be part of my little sisters wedding! She was one that said she was never getting married and never having kids... well guess who's going to be married June 2013??? Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards