Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower Date... too early???

My BM's are hosting a shower for me at my Mom's house. They are having a really hard time finding a date that works for all of them and me. I am getting married on Auguest 3. I can't do any weekends in July becuase of my job (I can't take off that month... it's pretty much out of the question). There are too may conflicts in May and June between other weddings and grauduations.

So, they are offerig to host a shower on April 27th. Is that approprate? I feel like it is really early but that is pretty much the only date that works for them. What do you think?

Re: Shower Date... too early???

• Options
    That seems really early, but if it is the only time a shower fits your schedule, I don't think there is any harm. Just keep in mind that it is not appropriate to use (or spend) anything until after the wedding. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think it's too early. Keep in mind that no mater what date you choose someone is always going to have a scheduling conflict.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm getting married Aug 4th and my mom's friend is throwing us a shower in FEBRUARY because it's the only time we'll be back in CA before the wedding. It's early, but if it's the only option people will understand. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It is early, but I am doing the same thing.  Mainly because venues where I live book up fast during wedding season, but also because the date works for most of my immediately family flying in.  My wedding is September 7th and my shower is June 1st.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards