Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower questions

I am getting married and having my bridal shower in my home town which is about 3 1/2 hours from where I currently live. This is also my first wedding. The problem is all of my fiances family lives by us as well, with some even being further away. This is my fiances third wedding. I think it would be tacky to not invite them but I don't really expect them to come nor give us anything. I guess I'm not really sure how to handle it. Do I just go ahead and invite them and if they show up they show up??? For the actual wedding he only wants his parents and siblings and their children there whereas I'm invited everyone but distance relatives.

Re: Bridal Shower questions

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You only invite people to showers who are invited to the wedding.  So if members of his family are not on the guest list for the wedding, they shouldn't be on the guest list for any pre-wedding parties, including showers.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-questions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:c1407f2d-6bc5-4092-b6e2-fb80d03c94f2Post:e427ed2b-c566-4dbb-91e9-421a87fd2488">Re: Bridal Shower questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]You only invite people to showers who are invited to the wedding.  So if members of his family are not on the guest list for the wedding, they shouldn't be on the guest list for any pre-wedding parties, including showers.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree. If you invite them to the shower and not to the wedding its like saying " your gifts are good enough for my shower but you are not good enough for my wedding but thanks anyways." Which is just rude. If you invite them to one invite them to the other.</div>
    Holiday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards