Pre-wedding Parties

More than one wedding shower?

My future SIL has wants to throw me a shower. She asked who I wanted her to invite.

Are yall having a shower for the different sides of your family? Or just one HUGE one??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: More than one wedding shower?

• angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes.  I am having three because I have large families and know so many people.  3 people offered to throw one too.  I had one for my dad's side of the family, one for work friends, and am having one on my mom's side of the family.  I divided up my friend between the two family ones and it is working out well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WGachesWGaches member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had four (yes it's excessive). One was Christmas themed, at Christmas. The others were all family. One for my side, and FI's parents are divorced so both sides wanted to do showers. They were all small though.
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's nicer to break the showers into smaller ones.  No one wants to sit there forever watching you open presents, it gets boring.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since showers are typically only for your closest friends and family, I think one shower with CLOSEST friends and family is all that's really needed.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • leoraannaleoraanna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having two. One that my grandmother in Cleveland has insited on throwing just for the 12 ladies on my dad's side of the family that are invited (plus my mom, myself, bridal party, etc.). That shower is only family though. The other shower is going to be with my friends, my mom's side of the family, my girlfriends, and my mom's girlfriends who are like family.
    Nov 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fictional Couple
    Photobucket
    image 282 Invited
    image 198 Making the Party!
    image 56 Staying at home :(
    image 28 Slow-pokes
    RSVP Date: November 5, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards