Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Favors?

Is it traditional to give favors to the guests attending my bridal shower?  I assume this is the hostesses responsibility as well, but she is out of state and struggling to put the party together, so I'm helping.
In my opinion I don't think it's really necessary - guests are getting a nice brunch, and we're not trying to throw a budget-blowing shower. 
Suggestions please!

Re: Bridal Shower Favors?

• edited December 2011
    Favors are not necessary. Of all the showers I have attended there were favors at only two of them.

At a bridal shower- truffles in a box stamped with the wedding date. I ate my memento on the way home : )

At a baby shower, the guests were given corsages made of mini pacifiers and silk flowers. That was pretty silly, IMO.

No one will miss the favors.

• utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH and I made chocolate on sticks. We melted the chocolate in a mold. There were 3 in a sandwhich bag with a ribbon. They were a hit! It was about $12 to make them all..
  • CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you do a favor definitely make it something simple and either useful, or like PP mentioned, edible! I don't think I've ever actually kept a favor that I've gotten.

We gave these away (in prettier colors though!) at my shower (they're candles) ... only $1 a piece, and people liked them so much they were grabbing extras off the tables of people who didn't show up!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom bought mini hand sanitizers in cherry blossom scent from Bath & Body Works for $1 each and wrapped them up cute as favors since its a cherry blossom theme party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards