Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Question about my Bridal Shower? Help! lol

Ok so I have a stupid question... my bridal shower is this Sunday and it's from 3-5pm... when exactly should I show up? Am I supposed to be there right away to welcome guests or should I come right at 3? when it starts or a little late to make an entrance?? LOL

I have no clue what the "proper" thing is... help me out guys!!

Also- am I supposed to have a gift for the hostess? (My MOH?) Man, I'm clueless! Embarassed

Re: Question about my Bridal Shower? Help! lol

• Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I showed up at my shower at the time listed on the invitation.  I didn't want to stand around if I was early and I did not want to make people wait on me because I was late.

Yes, you should bring a hostess gift.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower was from 1:00-4:00 and I asked when I should be there. My mom and my WP all told me to show up right at 1:00 which is what I did. It worked out perfectly, because mostly everyone was already there, and once I got there, they were able to begin.

If anything, please be on time, they can't start the party without the bride!
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and regarding gifts for your hostess, that's always a great idea. I gave my shower hosts a little gift basket with goodies from bath & body works thanking them for my shower, and now I hope they will enjoy theirs.

If you're on a strict budget, a nice handwritten card or some flowers, chocolates, bottle of wine, etc.. will be a great thank you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks!! I'm not planning on being late... I just didn't want to be the first one there and look stupid! LOL

I already thought of a perfect present for her. YAY! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went about 30 min. early to mine- but my FSIL invited me over early to 'taste the mojitos' she was mixing up for the shower. I was glad to go a little early- it was the only chance I got to have a drink and a little snack from her spread. I was so busy talking to everyone the time just flew by.
    I also gave her my Thank You gift and card before the shower and she put it in the back room so it didn't get mixed up with the other gifts.

• Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just show up whenever the host(s) tells you to be there :) Have fun!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maria, my party is also Sunday! Woo! I'm stoked!

My hostess told me the party starts at 1, but I'm going to show up maybe just 10 minutes early because I want to give the hostesses their gifts. See the post I just put up today about the gifts!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards