Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal Brunch

I'm having a beach wedding the first weekend in June. Formal, sit down dinner to follow.
For my rehearsal, it's going to be small and just the wedding party and immediate family.. I like the idea of a rehearsal brunch the morning of the wedding as opposed to the night before?
Is this tacky? We live about an hour and a half from the beach area. I figured it'd be easier to get everyone there the morning of (prior to hair and makeup at noon, etc.) then coming and paying for a room the night before. Or worse, coming, drinking at the dinner and driving home, to come back in the morning.

This way no one rushes after work to get to the rehearsal, or worse - leaves work. It should be more convenient and be simple enough so that there aren't too formal dinners in a row?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Brunch

• Will your actual rehearsal be the morning of the wedding? If so, I think your idea sounds good. I would just consider what time your WP will have to leave their houses in order to get to the rehearsal and brunch. Some people might prefer to stay the night rather than get up super early to get there in time. I would maybe ask what your WP prefers - but I think there is nothing wrong with a brunch if the timing works out.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_rehearsal-brunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:cd335ee6-5805-4cc4-b907-80bf2ed20a8fPost:5b4ac19c-1dd2-4598-8306-6e9445b75e33">Rehearsal Brunch</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a beach wedding the first weekend in June. Formal, sit down dinner to follow. For my rehearsal, it's going to be small and just the wedding party and immediate family.. I like the idea of a rehearsal brunch the morning of the wedding as opposed to the night before? Is this tacky? We live about an hour and a half from the beach area. I figured it'd be easier to get everyone there the morning of (prior to hair and makeup at noon, etc.) then coming and paying for a room the night before. Or worse, coming, drinking at the dinner and driving home, to come back in the morning. This way no one rushes after work to get to the rehearsal, or worse - leaves work. It should be more convenient and be simple enough so that there aren't too formal dinners in a row? Thoughts? Thanks!
    Posted by jbillerman[/QUOTE]

You really don't want to do this and once you wedding is over, you will look back and say thank goodness I did it the night before.  We had a sit down dinner for the rehearsal as well as a plated dinner for the reception and even though they were 2 nights in a row, the vibe from the rehearsal dinner was much more relaxed & laid back and it gave everyone a chance for a meet & greet.

Also, you aren't really supposed to see your FI the day of your wedding.....

I too did a beach wedding and our guests already knew that travel was involved and they were thrilled to be able to get out of town for a few days--it's like they had a wedding and a mini-vacation all rolled into one.  The last thing you want to do as the bride, is to have your rehearsal the day of your wedding.  Your pre-wedding hours needs to be as calming as possible--the less stress the better.

This may be the only time I have ever said this on TK, but please take this advice from someone who is married and has already been through all of the wedding planning highs and lows.  You don't want to do this the morning of your wedding.

• I agree with OBX.  My FI and I don't want to see each other before the ceremony. 

Also, knowing my family, having to do it the day of would cause more stress on them.  It would throw them off and their schedule.  We are doing it the night before.  Our WP is driving anywhere from 2 hours to 5...they are looking forward to making a weekend  of it.

Although I love the idea of brunch itself--we tried to talk my mother into letting us have the RD at the diner my dad eats at every weekend, but that was a no goCry
  • Some people aren't superstitious about the bride and groom seeing each other before the wedding, especially if she won't be wearing her wedding dress to the rehearsal. I agree with OBX and the others, though, that having the rehearsal and brunch the morning of the wedding, then hair and makeup, photos ceremony and reception would be cramming a lot of stuff into one very long day.

Could you just skip the rehearsal? You and your Fi could go over the ceremony details with your officiate and pass along the necessary info to your wp. Serve sandwiches and drinks while everyone is getting ready. Hopefully, you'll have a few minutes to relax before the ceremony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards