Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal dinner

It is my understanding that for the rehearsal dinner, the people that will be doing something at the ceremony are invited to come practice.  That means parents (readings), groom's siblings (groomsmen), bridesmaids, musician.  My question is how about the flower girl and ring bearer.  Do they need to be there too?  Our flower girl is my FI's niece.  The ring bearer is my cousin's son.  If so, the parents should also be invited, right? 

My second question is this.  Two of my Fi's brothers have children.  Each brother has two children.  If both parents will be at the rehearsal, do we need to also make plans for all the children to be there as well?  My cousin also has two children, but only one will be in the wedding, do both children need to be there?

I just want to make sure we don't miss anybody, and that we don't invite someone that is not needed.

Re: Rehearsal dinner

• Yes, you should invite the RB, FG, and their parents. You don't need to invite musicians. I guess if they were friends of yours, you could, but not if they are professionals. I think it would be nice if you invited the children since you will be inviting their parents.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_rehearsal-dinner-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:d678f2fc-f5dd-473f-bf3b-af70011b2fb3Post:8730a84a-a11c-4759-a910-772cd834a9a8">Re: Rehearsal dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, you should invite the RB, FG, and their parents. You don't need to invite musicians. I guess if they were friends of yours, you could, but not if they are professionals. I think it would be nice if you invited the children since you will be inviting their parents.
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I was not as clear as I thought.  The parents of the flower girl  also have another child.  So we would be inviting both parents and both children.  The parents of the ring bearer also have another child, so we would also invite both parents and both children.  Right?  No sense having the parents with one child, while the other is at home with a sitter.

I said musician, but I meant the soloist (FI's sister in law).  My church requires that the musician (the organist), the wedding committee, and the minister be invited as well.  No getting around that.
  • The RB and FG and their parents should be invited to the RD. It would be nice to invite the siblings, since they would be the only members of those families left out of the dinner. It's not necessary to invite the FBIL children to the RD, since they aren't in the wedding party. But it's fine if you want to include them.

• Thanks everyone.  I believe I was correct in my initial assessment of who needs to be there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards