Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Invites

I have contacted the invitees already when I was originally planning the bach party so they are aware that a small contribution for the night would be requested.  I don't want to be tacky with the wording in regards to money (money is such a touchy subject).. Most of the girls were very okay with it, but I am wanting to collect the costs before hand and NOT the night of

there is going to be the general invite with the location date and time, but i was thinking of coming up with a details insert in the invite too; and that is where I would maybe mention the $$ ?  Is there any ideas on how to word it on the money part?.. would it be tacky to include a small pre-addressed envelope to send the RSVP card/response as well as the money/check back in?

Thanks!

Re: Bachelorette Invites

• Are you the bride?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:e5dd5e11-84eb-4971-a39c-306970734748Post:ca40e6f3-7ba7-4069-ae85-b52ace86d1e2">Re: Bachelorette Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you the bride?
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

No, I am one of the bridemaids planning the bachelorette party!
  • I would discuss the money situation with each girl separately, instead of a general note on the invite. Not everyone is going to be able to afford the same amount and you don't want to make them feel unwelcome if they can't afford the whole amount. Then, you can verbally let them know that you'd like the money by X date and then give them your address with the option to mail it or drop it off in person. Basically, I think it would be best to leave the money issue off the invitations. If anything, it makes it look like you're charging for admission lol.
  • edited January 2012
    Ditto PPs. Do not put money wording on the invitation. Contact each BM separately and ask if/what she is comfortable contributing. They are not in any way obligated to help pay for OR attend the bachelorette party. If you find you will be the only one contributing, you'll have to decide if you want to ditch the party or if you want to scale it back so that you can afford it.

FWIW, I recently attended a b-party where the BP didn't contribute money, but they were OK each bringing a dish to pass at a potluck. We had a big potluck dinner and played games and drank at one of the BM's houses. That would be something else you could throw out there for everyone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards