Pre-wedding Parties

How to lessen the awkwardness?

My future-sister-in-law is my MOH. I kind of wanted to have a lingerie shower, because, well, my expertise in that area is nonexistant. I've been hesitant about bringing it up just because I can understand how awkward that would be if my brother's fiancee asked me to throw her a shower like that. i'm sure we'd all like to avoid that predicament.......so, can I ask someone else to take the lead on that, or do I just bite the bullet and ask her to throw me one?

Re: How to lessen the awkwardness?

• edited December 2011
    You shouldn't ask anyone to throw any kind of party for you. If someone wants to step up and do it or volunteers and asks for your opinion on what kind of shower you want, you can tell them what you'd like. But they also have final say as host and if it makes them uncomfortable or they have other plans then you go along or decline the offer. 

Also, please don't host your own party. It's terrible rude to throw a party in your own honor, especially when you are asking for gifts. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    All of what the pps said, pretend I said that.

I suppose if they ask you what theme you want (if they ask you) you could suggest a lingerie shower. But I'm telling ya, not everyone might be comfortable with that.

If you are really interested in knowing more about lingerie and things like that, have you considered taking a trip to Victoria's Secret? Their lingerie might be overpriced (so I'm not saying you actually have to buy anything there), but their staff members usually have some good advice and might be able to help answer your questions.
  • smartlyprettysmartlypretty member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be really uncomfortable if someone threw me that kind of shower. I mean, I'm no prude, but my grandmother is here! I had a couple girlfriends get married, and at the bachlorette party a lot of girls brought fancy lingerie as gifts. Maybe someone wil gift some to you if you have a batch party. If I have a good friend get married, I like to include a victorias secret gift cert too at the shower.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • edited December 2011
    You can't ask anyone to throw you a shower, nor can you host your own shower. That's considered rude. Even if someone throws you a shower and asks what theme you want, I'd really be hesitant about a lingerie one. Think of opening lingerie in front of your family, relatives, all your friends, etc. To me, that'd be majorly awkward.

At my bachelorette party, my friends had a little "lingerie" shower for me, but that was in front of my 5 or 6 closest girlfriends. Plus we were drinking haha. I deifnitely wouldn't have wanted to open those gifts in front of my mom or MIL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards